Nymph Tick

Nymph Tick

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Lyme Update (written 12/23/08)

Tuesday, December 23, 2008
MY LYME UPDATE (12/08)


Ok so I posted a blog before about my mom having Lyme too. Well the more I think this about this and we discuss it the more we are convinced that we have both had Lyme for a long time. I may have had it since I was a child.

With that being said I am concerned about my kids. If I had this before I had them then they may have it also. All of them have health problems of some sort. At one point in time I wondered if something was wrong with our house. Cause we were all having some weird health troubles. Along with mood problems, depression, anxiety, anger issues. Just seemed off to me. Anyways, so I have talked with many parents who have passed Lyme to their children and most of them don't get sick until they are older. It can lay dormant for many years. Then it can become active during puberty or a tramatic event or surgery. This is the case with many diseases. (I have done a lot of research on diseases)

Brandon has Aspergers which is a form of Autism. There is a foundation called Lyme Induced Autism. Check out this web site: http://www.lymeinducedautism.com/

He also has had many of the Lyme symptoms most of his life and worse recently. He has been through lots of testing lately to try to figure out what is going on and none have showed anything. He hasn't been tested for Lyme yet. I pray to God that he doesn't have it. But I have a bad gut feeling that he does. I had the same feeling about myself and my mom and I was right.

I also fear that Bryan has it from me. Yes, it is said to be transmitted that way too ;) If you think about it...it's a bacteria...it could be transmitted that way and to unborn babies. Yes, he has many symptoms too (even though he won't admit it). Some I fear are getting worse more recently. So I would like him to get tested because if he has it and gets as sick as I am then we are totally screwed!! Two people sick and not working = no house or food!!

So I started showing true signs of being sick a few years ago. But I have had many chronic health problems since I was a child. The same is true for my kids. I have to test them to be sure. Because if they have it and I don't test them then they become sick like I am and it is my fault. If they have it then I would say that Brandon has had an active form his whole life. He has had many chronic illnesses since he was a baby.

Along with Aspergers he has severe sensory problems (sensitive to pain, light, sound, heat, textures) He has anxiety, depression, irritability, asthma, severe allergies, chronic infections, memory problems, speech problems, letter and number reversals, vision problems include..double vision, involuntary eye movements, sensitive to light (Lyme loves the eyes) He gets headaches, motion sickness, vertigo and nausea. He has fatigue, weight issues, rashes, stomach problems, various aches and pains. (I am sure I am missing something) Although many of these can be non-lyme...its the fact that he has multiple symptoms together like I do that make me think this. These are all Lyme symptoms by the way.

Ok so that is my latest update...I am still on oral antibiotics. Not sure if it is helping at all yet? I had some of my energy back for a short time but it didn't last. It's been about 2 months so far. Not sure about switching doctors yet? Still concidering it. I am going with my mom to her doctor in January. So I will see what I think of him then.

Update 12/26: I just found out I also have Bartonella (Cat Scratch Fever). It's another infection that ticks carry (called a co-infection). This will complicate my treatment now with both of them. I also suspect that I may have 1 other co-infection but the test was negative so I am not sure. The tests aren't always reliable.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment