Nymph Tick

Nymph Tick

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Mom has Lyme Disease too (written 11/21/08)

Friday, November 21, 2008
MY MOM HAS LYME TOO!!


Ok so the latest news...My mom has Lyme Disease too! So how interesting is that? Did we both get it together (she has been showing symptoms longer) or is it a coincidence? Or is this problem bigger then we know? Just gets you thinking!!

So she has been sick since at least the early 90's. Going from dr to dr and getting a ton of misdiagnosis. When I was old enough to understand I thought to myself "How can she have so many different things wrong" and I thought they must be related. She tried to figure it out but then felt hopeless and figured she had to live with it (Whatever it was?) That is what happens to people who can't get help from doctors. You try to figure it out yourself but you keep getting pushed down and told you are crazy. Then you are lucky if you have support of family and friends. Most think you are crazy too or they blow it off as nothing. So you start to think it is true.

Well then I started getting sick many years later. I noticed I was getting similar problems as her. That really worried me but also got me more determined to figure it out (You can read my story on here to see how that went.) But I keep going and going regardless of the lack of support or the belief or the doctors telling me I was crazy. I knew I was sick, I knew she was sick and I wasn't gonna get any answers from these people with so called medical degrees. So I was gonna figure it out or die trying. I felt like I was dying most days anyway. And what did I have to loose? I mean I did nothing all day anyways cause I was too fatigued and in pain. So I search on my computer for hours, months, days, and even years. Yes, I said years!! When I wanted to give up something would give me strength to move on. I truely believe I was guided by my Nonnie (my grandma who died that I was VERY close to).

So anyways, I can go on and on...but the point is that I figured it out. Me with no medical degree. I probably saved my own life...but more importantly I know I saved my mom's life. That is something I can feel proud of!
So I will ask her for her story when she is up to it and post it on a blog. Check back later. In the mean time NEVER EVER give up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment